Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Frogging, Five Years Later

I have lots of knitting projects that are in limbo, put aside for one reason or another and sitting there, ignored while I do other things. This doesn't greatly concern me, to be honest: I haven't run out of room yet, and there we are.

Recently, though, I thought of a certain project out of the blue--seriously, no idea what brought it to mind--and felt calmly confident that no, I'm never going to pick that back up, might as well frog it and move on.

The pattern is called Farfalla; I bought the yarn for it in 2017, cast it on in 2017*, discovered it was not social knitting (still in 2017), and, well. It's 2022 now, isn't it?

*Where in a touch of ominous foreshadowing, I wrote, "This is going to be fun." Narrator: It would not be fun.

So I pulled it out, contemplated it:

And returned it to the state from which it came.

Felt pretty calm afterward. It's nice yarn, it should get another chance.

5 comments:

  1. You know, it looks very lovely and full of potential in its nice neat globe state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's the best thing you can do. Pretty yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was definitely the right move!! Use that beautiful yarn for a more promising project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart! That yarn deserves a happy outcome.

    ReplyDelete