Friday, January 08, 2021

On the 39th of December 2020

What a year this week has been, hasn't it? Exhausting. As if the first week back from vacation wasn't long enough, let's add serious attacks on our democracy and a strong sense of impending doom.

Sigh. 

Well! To take a moment away from the current clusterfuck that is America:

I suppose technically, since it arrived yesterday, it isn't in my future, but hey, knitting with it will be! Yankee Dyer had a 50% off sale, and I fell into it with these six lovely skeins of Yankee Breeze, which is 50-50 merino-cotton, in colorway Lagoon.
I happen to have a single skein of the same yarn in colorway Sunshine, and they go together beautifully.
One of my knitting friends had mentioned the Blooming Vines pattern, a versatile pattern with multiple length and sleeve options, and I especially like this version, by Ravelry user jbjudyjude, which I am using as an inspiration. I'm thinking tunic length, and perhaps elbow sleeves. Lots of possibilities, and it makes for happy thinking. For a change.

1 comment: