Friday, June 12, 2020

Enjoying a Day Off

I had an appointment today that, since it's over an hour away, I decided to take the day off work for; it's a good mental health break, as work has been busy and annoying for, oh, a while now (Pro Tip: Everything can't be a top priority; that's not how it works). My mother came with me, and we went to lunch afterward. Out! At a restaurant! Like crazy people living the wild life!

So we went to PF Chang's, a favorite of ours, and sat on the outside patio (outside still feels safer to me than inside). They had removed some tables to space them farther apart, and the staff wore masks. We wore masks on the way in and out, and did gloves/hand sanitizer. These are things that are different from before, and like any trip out of the house these days, it all felt both familiar and very weird.

But, y'all, it was So Good. The food tasted wonderful--was it always that good? Or did months without it make it seem better? Sitting outside, blue sky and sunshine, watching the world--I mean, it's a mall parking lot, it's not exactly a bustling city-scape or anything, but just to have something different to look at after being endlessly home, and seeing the people, and all. I don't know how to explain how good it felt.

And the joy of taking a Friday off is that now, I have two more days off. Ahhh.

2 comments:

  1. An hour's drive would have sounded awful, and right now it sounds marvelous. All those different things to see along the way! And the restaurant meal! Glad you got to go, glad you're careful about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Trader Joe's that's about a half hour from home yesterday, alone, just so I could have the alone time!! I really wanted to do the restaurant dining-outdoors thing tonight -- it's gorgeous out, and I'm so tired of being cooped up at home -- but it feels too soon for us yet.

    ReplyDelete