Friday, April 12, 2019

For the Word Nerds, Read This

Even if you aren't a professional editor, if you love words, and reading about words and the things people do to them, I highly recommend this book:
I didn't agree with every single thing, but I liked his style from the beginning.

"I sometimes feel as if I spend half my life prying up commas and the other half tacking them down someplace else" may be more of an editor thing:
But I think that "I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up, which is a problem when you've already grown up" has, I suspect, broader appeal.
And haven't you noticed before "how many lists of twelve things contain only eleven things"?
Anyway, if these bits make you think you'd like the book, read it! And if they don't, you likely wouldn't enjoy it, so pass on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment